I discovered photography later in life after getting a Bridge camera one Xmas and I have been hooked ever since. The painter, John Constable was quoted as saying
"There is nothing ugly; I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may, – light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful."
I share this view and feel that the world through a camera lens is a stunning and surprising place. The pace of modern life sometimes moves too fast and photography allows me to slow time down and ultimately bring it to an absolute halt, which can be an incredible feeling...
I have had a varied career to date and have worked in construction, been a cranedriver in Ravenscraig, a Blues piano player and now work in IT.
My regular models include my 2 girls and my dog ;-)
My recent passion is Street Photography and love the mix of humanity, sociology, humour and juxtaposition that unfolds every day. I love the split second that defines the scene being totally unique and the secret pleasure that nobody else saw it or will ever see it again, unless of course, they look at the photo I captured :-)
I am continuing to learn about photography every day and am loving finding all of the inspirational artists, past and present. Steve McCurry, Jay Maisel, Robert Capa, Elliot Erwitt, Joe McNally.....
Where do I want this to go?
I believe that "luck = preparation + opportunity". Let's see what happens!
Published Works, Competitions etc
Successful Contributor on Shutterstock, iStock, Dreamstime, 123rf stock photography sites with sales worldwide.
- Contemporary dance shoot
- Two page article on the "Glasgow Blues Players" project featured in "Blues In Britain" Magazine
- Charlotte Marshall & The 45s Promo
- Emma Nuelle Promo
- Saints Promo
- Brian Rawson Band album cover shoot
- Joe McNally master class, Edinburgh
- Reached top 50 of The Sunday Post Iconic Scotland photography contest from over 4,500 entries. Proud to have got this far as the judging panel comprised of some highly respected people, including world famous landscape photographer Colin Prior.
- Student hair stylist project incorporating "Steam Punk" and "Gareth Pugh" fashion themes (Steam Punk theme won first in year, 2nd project still to be marked.
- Calendar Girls charity project.
- Album cover work for various bands
- Amazon retailer product shoots
- Equine photoshoots
- Corporate brochure photoshoots.
- Featured image in McKinlay Kidd Holiday Brochure 2015
- Finalist in "See Scotland Differently" Competition
- Winner of Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk 2014 competition for Glasgow
- Featured image on KIA El Cahon, San Diego web site
- Featured image in Lanark Gazette Calendar 2014
Disclosure Scotland Number: 200000006083840